Self Love Requires Honesty | #SLS

Image
I've come to realize, the hard way, that I've had and still have a lot of healing to do! Self Love is not an overnight thing *insert Percy Sledge song*. It takes time to reach a comfortable level of contentment with self. It's a journey; one of upward toil but one of positive growth. In our journey of Self Love, it is integral that we seek to know ourselves, accept who we are and live freely in our truth.  In seeking to know and embrace our truest selves, a process of self reflection and introspection helps. The trauma; experiences that we go through have fashioned us into the persons that we are today. Our personalities, our self esteem; the way we interact with others, our imposed standards, our expectations are all influenced by the way we see ourselves; by the way we think and feel about ourselves. It's 'human nature' to first be negative before positive and unappreciative before we see good, so in order to change our thinking, renew our minds, we have t

Skin Care: Toners!! ❤

The health of our skin can depend upon many factors; what we eat and drink (also any possible allergies), the weather, our emotional conditions, what we wear, and also, what we apply to our skin.

It is integral that our skin receives routine love and affection to maintain it's health. Everyone dreams of having beautiful, healthy, radiant skin that will accompany a high self-esteem and happiness. Apart from eating healthy and keeping our emotions (anxiety and stress can affect the skin) in check, we must find products for our skin that will keep it happy and healthy.

Cleansing and moisturizing are excellent steps in a skin regimen, but you'll find that including a Toner to your regimen is essential, as you read on about how toners help your skin.


First of all, the term "toner" is often loosely used. I've had people ask me if toners bleach the skin. This is a common misconception of the use of toners, and as such, many people shy away from using them. So by this point, you're probably wondering what is a toner and why should it be used in skin care!

Sooo... What are Toners? ❤


Toners are generally known to deep cleanse and hydrate the skin, helping the skin to maintain a healthy balanced complexion. Many help to decrease the appearance of pores and minimize the skin's oil production. Skin toners also remove traces of cleanser and prepares the skin to be moisturized.
Careful thought must be given when choosing the right toner for your skin. It's similar to choosing other skin products. You must know the type of skin you have and its needs. There are different toners for different skin types and for different purposes.

I've had the opportunity to use different kinds of toners in the past, and I'm glad that I've decided to include toning in my skin care regime. My skin has much to thank me for. Some products that are also toners can be found under the name "astringent" and "freshers". These types are primarily for cleansing the skin and most often will contain alcohol. Below, I'll review a few of the toners that I've purchased and also recommend different toners according to your skin type.

Humphreys Witch Hazel ❤


The first product I chose when looking for toners that were healthy and affordable was the Humphreys Witch Hazel Astringent. (And quickly, I hear you shout, 'alcohol!'). Yes, I did my routine research that I usually do when taking new steps in my skin care regimen and I found witch hazel to be a very great product.  I used it not only as a toner but also as an after shave for my underarms!

It was great anytime of the day and did not leave my skin with any oily residue. It was gentle, it did not burn or dry my skin. I used it for about seven months.
I recommend it for all skin types, even sensitive skin (be mindful of the fact that it contains 17% alcohol).
I invite you to visit this link where you'll find out all the benefits of Witch Hazel as advertised by Humphreys.

Olay Oil Minimizing Toner With Witch Hazel ❤

 

I generally enjoyed this toner because it did the job of deep cleansing my skin, even after normal cleansing (soap and water), removing excess dirt and makeup. Though this toner also contains alcohol it did not burn or irritate my skin. It has a light smell that wears off after application of moisturizer. I recommend this toner for persons with normal to oily skin, but not for those who have sensitive skin.

Simple Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner ❤


First of all, I must say that this toner is great! It contains skin loving ingredients that help to do more than just prepare your skin fore applying moisturizer....It actually does add moisture to your skin. It won't dry your skin, but if you're looking for a squeaky clean feeling... this is not the product for you.

It contains Sorbitol and Witch Hazel which both help to condition the skin; Allantoin, that helps to soothe the skin and also other Humectants and Surfactants. I cant fail to mention Pro Vitamin B! It's non drying and I recommend it for just about anyone... but especially for sensitive skin.
It is alcohol-free! It lasted about four months and I truly enjoyed it.  Just follow this link to read up on it's goodness.

Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight and Fade Toner ❤


I purchased this toner for my mother in February of this year, but while staying with her for a long weekend, I decided to try it... So I've used it for about 6 days, day and night, non-stop! I appreciated the fact that it was created specially for acne prone skin so I just had to include it here.
This is some very serious stuff. On application, I found that it would burn if the skin was previously irritated, and when applied to open blackheads or whiteheads. Oooch! But within a day or so, the texture of the skin would improve! Those with sensitive skin (or ever severe acne) may want to stay clear of this product but overall, it's potent and does exactly what it says it should. I won't consider it as 'gentle' though.

I recommend this product for normal to oily skin. It can tend to dry the skin, but that's why toning is followed by moisturizing. It contains glycolic and salicylic acids that are skin loving medications. (I'll be posting about them soon).
Acne.org rated it 4.5/5 as a product of it's type that really works.

Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner ❤


This is my current toner. I've been using it for about 3 weeks. It claims to visibly reduce the appearance of pores and refine the skin. It contains 'Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formula' which, more simply put, are glycolic and salicylic acids that helps to soothe the skin, clear the skin of acne and fade acne scars. These ingredients can make the skin super sensitive to the sunlight.
This toner has a strong smell of alcohol upon application, then it fades to a more crisp clean one... indicating it's high contents of the ingredient.
It can burn sensitive, irritated skin.
As far as diminishing the appearance of pores, I've yet to experience this claim, though, as a toner, it really deep cleanses the skin and prepares it for the application of moisturizer.  Since using this toner my skin feels smooth and health, but it truly is sensitive to the sun. I'll continue to use this product. I recommend this product to those who have normal to oil skin.

So... Summary and Important Tid-Bits ❤

  • Toners follow your cleanse routine and is then followed by the application of a moisturizer. So Cleanse, Tone, Moisturize!
  • Always use a moisturizer with SPF 15 or higher to protect the skin from sunburn and sun damage.
  • To apply toner, pour product on a cotton round and wipe face in gentle upward movements. Don't forget your ears and neck. 
  • Those trying toners for the first time should choose a mild one like Witch Hazel or Simple Kind to Skin first, then branch out to the others that claim extra benefits in addition to cleansing and hydrating.
  • Choose Toners that are relevant for your skin type.
You can check out the Skin Care video I made on Toners as well:


Thanks again for reading!! I really hope you enjoyed this skin care post.
❤ Remember to Give your skin some love. ❤

You can find me via the links provided: 


Youtube

Healthy Hair Zone Forum

Eat Healthy For Healthier Hair:

Facebook:

Twitter:

Check Out My Weekly Blogs:

My Eat Healthy for Healthy Hair Vidzzz:

God Bless 





Comments

  1. I like the way you edit your photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angel... it takes a lot of time to do multiple photos, glad to know it's appreciated. ^_^

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self Love Requires Honesty | #SLS

Worlds of Curls Product Reviews

2019 #Goals | Part 2